Position : QHSE Officer
Location : JAFZA
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensures all operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner in line with the company procedures.
- Oversees vessel discharging operations, installations, calibration, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Inspecting facilities, machinery, safety equipment and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity
- Ensuring all incoming materials and vehicles are inspected, as approved and as recommended.
- Carry out basic analysis and maintain laboratory for QA/QC purposes.
- Implementing, developing and improving the QHSE plans, programmes and procedures in the worksite.
- Ensuring compliance by keeping abreast of the relevant HSE local and international legislations.
- Identifying QHSE-related training needs and conducting/co-ordinating training for staff.
- Conducting Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment, Safety Audits and preparing QHSE reports for Management
- Performs investigation of quality complaints, work accidents and incidents to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Act as Company’s representative at external meetings on QHSE matters
- Make sure all supplier/contractor documentation is verified and in accordance with material/equipment specification
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of QHSE for Chemical Industry (preferably in Tank farm).
- External certification of safety expertise is a must (e.g. NEBOSH certificate or other safety qualifications).
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or any relevant Science discipline
- Sound knowledge and experience with: ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards, Ship shore safety, ISGOTT and CDI-T standards
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
- Physically fit for hot climates and on-call duties.